Thursday, September 18, 2008

UH OH!

Disregard the date. It should read 09/18/2008.

Meet Grover, the latest addition to my house. A daughter and a new dog, what more could I ask for?

We've been perusing the shelter for a week now. Grover was the first dog we laid our eyes on. Being the good consumer that I am, I knew we couldn't buy the first one we saw. We had to shop!

However, we grew attached. We were there everyday, greeting, meeting, walking and no one took our heart like this crazy basset beagle mix.

His body is so long his head is out the front door while his back end is out my back door. When he turns a corner it takes a few minutes to maneuver. He bounces like Tigger and sounds like a blood hound.

We wanted to change his name to Larry. When we were out in the yard and I was telling Larry to come and what a sweet doggie he was I remembered my neighbors name is Larry. We considered Dave, bit Grover has won out.

We haven't told Spencer yet, or my ex. That will be an interesting conversation.

Joe (ex) is a fabulous and supportive friend. He's the one that took Bear to his final resting place. It was hard for him to do, he did it for me. He also said, "now don't go out and get another dog". Ok, I said. Dang.

Spencer has been begging me to get another dog for years. We visited  a pitbull mix several times at the shelter when he was here. His name was CJ, Spencer still talks about him. He is going to be a little ticked.

What am I thinking getting a dog? I think I am losing my mind.

I am the happiest I have been in a very long long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grover looks like a great dog!  Good for you.  I believe everyone should have a pet.  They love us unconditionally!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Gorver is an adorable dog. He looks like he has a big personality. I have two dogs who make me happy. They make me smile everyday. When I am depressed they will lay on the bed with me. When I am happy  they will take walks with me. They are great friends!! That was funny about the neighbor thing.....hugs, Christine