Monday, September 8, 2008

Been a while

It seems like it's been forever since I have entered words. I was in MN for almost 2 weeks and was unable to log into my journal. I was full of words there. Staying with my ex and my kids. Tons of things happening and I had to hold them all in my head. Now that I can actually add, I don't really feel like my thoughts are worth it. However, I just have to get a few things out so I don't forget what a crazy time it was.

There are a few things that I will have to revisit and remember later, For now here is a list of what I went through (in chronological order):

1) 8 hour drive with the greatest lightening storm I have ever seen in my life

2) Spencer started school (Jr in high school)

3) Saw enough riot squads to last me a life time.

4) Was stuck in the middle of protestors in the streets of St Paul (scary stuff)

5) Answered my phone to my ex yelling "they're shooting tear gas, we can't get out, they're blocking us in!" Ok

6) Biggest and saddest: Had Bear (my big sweet mutt) put to sleep (I see him here, hear his click click click of nails on the floor, have his beds, food and water ready, just in case he comes back)

7) Brought my 20 year old daughter back to IL to live with me

I AM EXHAUSTED!!!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You weren't kidding a lot was going on. I'm so sorry you had to put your gentle Bear to sleep hon. I can't imagine how incredibly sad that must of been. Your in my thoughts dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

You did have a lot going on.  I'm sorry about Bear!
Missie

Anonymous said...

Why do we give our hearts to friends whose life spans are so much shorter than our own?
-Arthur C. Clarke