Sunday, September 21, 2008

Beds

I have had some of my best times in bed, some of my happiest moments. Sleeping, sex, conversation, even having babies. Beds in my house, in others houses, hotel rooms, hospitals, even a few sleeping bags.

I used to think my moms bed was the best. There was something very special about laying in my moms bed. My parents slept separately, same room, just two beds, like Rob and Laura. The beds were identical, but my moms was the best.

My kids say the same thing to me. I have the best bed, softest sheets, pillows, quilts. It's funny, even when I'm visiting, staying at their dads, suddenly the bed I sleep in is the most popular.

There is nothing better than crispy clean sheets (smelling slightly of Lysol, it's a childhood thing), a clean body and thoughts of the sandman and sleepy train coming to pick me up. And, lately a good friend at the other end of the line preparing to board the train as well.

My new mutt has decided now that my bed is now to be shared. My Bear used to sleep with me. Jump up, muss of the quilt a little, lay down and sleep. I would be very careful not to wake him, once wakened he would need attention, go outside, a pet, something that would wake me up more than I wanted to be at 5am.

His last year of sleeping on my bed he would chase rabbits and kick me. His legs would run so fast in a stationary position that I thought he would slide off the bed. He never caught anything but me.

Bear in his favorite place.

Now the newbie mutt is making himself comfortable on my bed.

He looks a little pensive, that'll change.

There are some beds that I fantasize about laying my head down on.

I could sleep with Mona.

 

 

No comments: