Friday, August 8, 2008

yuck

I feel crappy today. My hair hurts, I am only comfortable when sleeping. I am optimistic for tomorrow.

I'm not a big sports fan. Olympics are impressive but not something I obsess over. I turned on the opening ceremonies and haven't been able to change the channel since. Tears well up every so often, I am going to blame the vicoden. Then again, people who have goals always impress me. Athletes have dedication, desire, discipline, 3 traits I have always wished for but never set as a goal.

Instead I obsess over silly trivial things. What has he been doing today? Makes me chuckle. I watch these athletes, some from countries where they are the sole representation. Athletes that focus on a single dream of competing in the Olympics. They are dedicated to making themselves the best they can be in mind, body and spirit. And, here I sit on my couch, wondering if he thought nice things about me today.

I am such a loser.

I realized that it's 8/8/08

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, you are not a loser!  I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow!
Missie

Anonymous said...

You are not a loser. I have thought about that myself as well. I sit here doing nothing with my life as of yet and think to myself "what a loser" ..hugs, Christine