Thursday, August 7, 2008

What's the point?

What is the point of all the reality shows? Are they supposed to somehow make us feel better about life in general? It isn't the fantasy stuff of Dr Welby, it's real life Dr's and real life people. It's not Leave it to Beaver, it's short people.

Personally I think the folks that allow cameras to follow their lives are a little out of whack. They are actor wannabes and have found a outlet through sharing their "real life". These people aren't "real" either. If they were real no one would really be interested in watching. Once again we are creating false crap that us "real" folks compare ourselves to and once again feel inadequate, not good enough.

Maybe it's just me.

They seem real, they yell at their kids, significant others, their houses have stuff out of place. But their issues never seem insurmountable, and there is always someone there to save them.

We'll never see a series about a true loner. One who doesn't lust after others lives and is fairly content with themselves. They are the ones that sit on their sofa and wonder why reality shows are so popular.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!
Missie

Anonymous said...

And that'd likely be the person I'd most enjoy hanging out with!  lol

I don't "get" reality shows, either, of course I'd have to turn them on but hey.  I even, gasp, forgot to turn on the Olympics (and trying to make up for it NOW).  -- Robin

Anonymous said...

I never understood the popularity of reality show. I find them quite boring. It seems that is all there is on tv anymore...hugs, Christine