Friday, August 8, 2008

same ole same ole

For the past few weeks I have been living in a world of denial. I wanted to believe that I really believed I was ok with who he is, that I didn't need or want anything more. His actions aren't about me, they aren't because of me, to me, have anything to do with me. They are a a separate part of him that I don't know, understand and he doesn't feel the need to change or try to explain. He likes who he is and what he does, what's my problem? We're back to "take it or leave it, doesn't matter to me" (his words).

It isn't about him changing who he is, it's about him being honest about who he is.

If you had the opportunity to truly be honest about yourself with someone, wouldn't you want that?  Wouldn't it be a relief to not have to hide, to stop living in fear of being found out?

Am I being overly dramatic??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe his current level of honest(such that it is or is not) is the most he is personally shooting for. He might like or at least be used to the way he is, & has no desire to change. Meeting him probably didn't have a whole lot to do with him. It was a stepping stone to getting out more, meeting more people & finding someone a little more in tune with you.

Maybe instead of thinking so much about him, think about the other things you could do to make your life more active & social, bring a few other folks into the fray. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

New here by way of Mary.....I will be back....nice to meet you.

Michele

Anonymous said...

I dont know all about what is going on, and I don't know if you are a Christian or an atheist. I do not know. But I do know one thing, God, the Creator of the entire universe, loves you. He wants to have an intimate relationship with you. He wants you to accept that he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for you and me to forgive where we mess up (sin). He wants you to pour your heart out to HIM. He already knows how you feel and what all is going on but get to know God. Open up the Bible, God's love letter to you, and read:

Lamentations 3:18, 21-24

"I said,'my strength is gone, and I have no hope in the Lord.' But I have hope when I think of this: The Lord's love never ends; his mercies never stop. They are new every morning; Lord, your loyalty is great. I say to myself, "The Lord is mine, so I hope in him.' "

And

2 corinthians 12:9-10

"He said to me, ' My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.' So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Tehn Christ's power can live in me. For this reason I am happy when I have weakness, insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ. Because when I am weak, then I can truly be strong."

L

Come check out my blog maybe it will encourage you:)


Anonymous said...

I was lucky.  Before my husband married me, I laid it out on the table.  This is me.  Dont' expect to change me.  He loves me for who I am, and I'm surely lucky for that.  Wish I knew you better and new your circumstance better so I could be of better help to you, but being a new reader, I don't.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Not many people are honest these days : (  If you find one, hold on to them...hugs, christine