Sunday, August 3, 2008

Not ready

He said he would call before he left. He lives 2 hours away. We would talk while he was driving. I needed to talk to him, hear his voice, remember he isn't a stranger. He's someone I have been talking to for years. I still needed to prepare for his arrival. Plus, the bonus of him calling before he left gave me an option of changing my mind, I could say uh... no... not today, again. He didn't call.
 
He didn't call until he was 36 miles away. What?! I'm not ready! I haven't been obsessing, I haven't even showered for Gods sake! Ok, it will be ok, I'm excited, nervous and scared. What if he isn't like his pictures? What if he has a growth on his neck and a hunch for a back? What if one eye wanders, which one do I look at? What if God has decided, that the moment my fantasy boyfriend rings the door bell, it's time for the second coming and I fall on the floor and die? Then I guess it all doesn't really matter any way, right? Right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're sure your fantasy boyfriend at the door isn't the Second Coming?