Friday, August 22, 2008

My pee is orange

Yes, my pee is a beautiful burnt orange. Not from the carrots and not in honor of Halloween season, it's the latest of medication that I have taking to help make myself feel like myself again. I thought I was dying yesterday.

2 weeks after surgery, surgery, only in the fact they cut my cervix, sliced my fallopian tubes to save my ovaries (BACK OFF menopause!!!). My little eggs will be popping into oblivion, but still giving me the hormones  I need to stay away from the gun. So they yanked the whole shebang out of the vagina, little super glue and I was good to go, And I did, I was pretty damn ready to get out of the hospital and back in my home to convalesce.

All was going pretty well. Aches, pains, exhausted all the normal parts of recovery. Then I got slapped upside the head. Holy smokes, I could not move, my insides felt like they were ready to explode, every inch of my skin, even my hair follicles, hurt. I called the doc, they said come on in. I barely got dressed, crawled into my car, I was on the verge of tears the whole time. I peed in a cup, 2 minutes later she gave me the news, bladder infection, most likely from the catheter I had. Ok, so now what?

Here is where the orange pee comes into play. I now take burgundy colored pills that are analgesic for urinary track infections.The burgundy color eventually works it's way to burnt orange immediately before being squirted out as pee. It's actually quite pretty.

I really am doing fine. The aches and pains are getting me down a little bit. I am trying to talk to my Mr Pilot friend to come visit me again. I think he's afraid I'll tie him up and place him in my downstairs bedroom. He already has a Happy Ending and he doesn't want her to miss out. Personally, I just enjoyed being with him. I think his Happy Ending is safe. Iwould never take him away from her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you said orange pee, the first thing that came to mind was a urinary tract infection. Sounds like your doing ok now that they have you on medication for it. Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. Here's to hoping the pilot friend decides to visit...(Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

My daughter was on those same pills after she had a stent  put in for kidney stones.  However, they failed to tell us about the colored pee.  We called the office thinking she was dying or something, to find out it was the pills! LOL
Missie

Anonymous said...

maybe a an ocher or a burnt umber?