Sunday, July 20, 2008

still trying to make sense

 

I am pensive and pondering this evening. Trying to figure out, once again, why does he want to talk to me? I must be a duplicate conversation, he has already shared his day, why share it again? She knows all the sweet things I thought were just ours. I know I know there was never an "our", or "us" or anything between us really.

I was ok today. I realized about 11pm tonight I hadn't really talked to anyone but my dog today and I was ok with that. I'm ok not having conversation. Why would anyone want to have 2 conversations in a day? Why would you want to talk to another to, maybe, only say the same things you have already said to some one else?

Man oh man... he is my best friend and I have no clue who he really is.

Sarah told me about this band, Bon Iver, who I'm listening to. Nice stuff nice to listen to while you are feeling pensive and pondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A blogging friend suggested a few journals to me & this was one, but so far he hasn't commented on any journals he sent to me, so he must just be looking to expand my horizons not his :-).

You may be a a "second" conversation, but not nec duplicate. Maybe your insights & suggestions are very different & he likes your take on things. Maybe he also likes the sound of your voice, your attention, You.

Sometimes my two favorite beings to speak with are my kittens, so talking to the dog seems like a good idea to me.

~Mary