Thursday, July 10, 2008

Focus on the positve

I've decided to focus on the positive things in my life. Well... at least for the rest of today, hopefully tomorrow too. No promises.

I got a free coffee at Starbucks today. I had a birthday gift card I wanted to use so I decided to get a coffee and a pound of beans. Instead of using the drive thru I went in. I ordered my usual (what used to be my daily, till I went broke), iced venti nonfat caramel macchiato.  When she called me to the bar to pick up my coffee it was a hot one, oops! She quickly made me a iced one and then offered me the hot. I took it, I'm no fool. It's in my refrigerator for tomorrow. I'm excited.

Bear is using the stairs like a pro again. That jail time did a number on him. I have learned to keep my door closed and promise to work on fixing the gate.

I have a dinner date with a friend from work tomorrow, I get to hear her hysterectomy story. Something to look forward to.

It has cooled to 68 degrees, nice sleeping weather with a fan. I can't bear the thought of closing up my house to cool with air conditioning.

I didn't talk to my kids today. I missed Spencer's call. Sarah sent me a text telling me she was just like me now, she wasn't nice till she had coffee. Poor baby.

Speaking of Sarah...

The Indian princess

Wa lah! A little make-up and she's a model.

It's funny how she transforms herself so easily.

I didn't talk to anyone today. Not a soul. It was one of those days where I wanted to test my voice to make sure I still had one. I wonder if there isn't any one to hear it does it really make a sound. Kinda like that tree in the forest thing.

So much for Thursday.

No comments: