Monday, July 28, 2008

Calm Before the storm?

Maybe I've just never had friends (men) that were like him before. Maybe it is just a friendship and nothing else. Maybe there are a lot of men friends that sing you songs, make you feel happy when you're sad, make you feel like you are the smartest person in the world, make you feel special and cared for. Maybe that's what friendship is all about. All these years I confused friend with love. If friendship is this great, man, love must be fantabulous.

Sometimes when I'm tired and he calls me, I snuggle down in my bed pretending he is across from me, I can hear his heartbeat, his breathing, I can smell the sweetness of his breath the manly scent that only men have, His rough skin hands slipping under the sheet to find my hands and hold them.

Dreams only dreams..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the love that starts as friendship can be a lot more satisfying over time. But being somewhat new to your blog, is this the man you will not meet?  Meeting is the only way to tell.  If you think he is truly a good man, venture out...
~Mary

Anonymous said...

The Beatles expressed the differece between Friendship and Love in their classic song .....

What would you think if I sang out of tune
Would you stand up and walk out on me
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song
And I'll try not to sing out of key

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

What do I do when my love is away
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day
Are you sad because you're on your own

No, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Do you need anybody
I need somebody to love
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love

Would you believe in a love at first sight
Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time
What do you see when you turn out the light
I can't tell you but I know it's mine

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends


Yes, Friends always manage to "get us through" but leave us at the door of LOVE. There is nothing quite like it (what a shame many of us don't manage it that well!)

So, till that love walks through your door....I hope you are getting by with the friendship!

Peace...Marc :)