Sunday, March 22, 2009

oh the wonders of nature

The grass is turning green (where the dog hasn't pooped peed or dug), I getting my yards tools together oiled and ready for work. I've put my deck furniture out and now when I wonder where the dog is I can find him laying in the backyard in the sun. I am finding the worms, that live in movable treehouses (post from 7/27/08 has picture), on my bushes again. The geese and ducks are back at the pond, the back door is open and the wind is whoosing out the stale winter air that was stuck in my house.

My daughter spent the week-end with a boy her broke her heart a few months ago. I don't like him, I don't trust him I think he is manipulative and abusive (in very subtle ways). He makes her cry and question her worth (man that sounds so familiar). My daughter can't get over him, she can't get over the fact that he broke up with her after he was caught cheating.

My oh my how clueless we women are.

She came home this morning and was looking at apartments. I pointed out that she doesn't pay me, no licence and no car. She told me that I was too controlling and I wouldn't let her move. Where the hell did that come from? I explained that I would happily pack her things right then and there and take her where ever she wanted to go.

She costs me money to live there. I had become a mother again with a dependant child, I do the laundry, cook, clean and drive her where ever she needs to be. She is careless and let's her personal appliances sit and burn. lights are on, things explode in the microwave, shoes are put on my dining room table to scratch, her painting takes place in the middle of her carpeted bedroom. I will have memories all around me when she leaves. However, she's 21, I want her out on her own for gods sake!.

Then she proceeded to tell me it was all on a subliminal level. I wasn't even aware of my need to have her live with me. I laughed and repeated what she had just so seriously had told me using the same serious tone she had. She stared at me for a minute, then we both burst out laughing.Oh yeah, I love that boy. What other crap is he planting in her brain.

I love my daughter with all my heart and we get along great. I would miss her but I would be just fine.

1 comment:

Missie said...

I wish windows and doors could be opened here but nope. We're having a cold spell.

Enjoy your day.