Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fleeting feelings

I knew I had better enjoy Friday, the feelings were only temporary. Not that I have crashed I just tumbled down a little, scraping my knees as they hit the concrete.

Over 30 years, wow that is a helluva long time. Maybe it's has lasted so long, cause it isn't really a relationship. Never lived together, longest time spent together is, maybe, a week? You don't have to deal with any of the bad stuff, you just drop her off. You don't have to tolerate any extended family, just her. You have got it made in the shade with this woman and she with you. No children produced from your love, no commitment, nothing but random dinners and 1 road trip. Definitely another 30 years as long as you keep it as the pace you're at.

Is this the one and only relationship you have ever been in? After she broke your heart did Peg still like her? Are you still so careful with your words and actions because you fear she may leave again? Are you always on your best behavior because you could never go through that pain again?

I need to see a picture of this perfect woman.

No comments: